With Sony and Polyphony Digital's new announcement of the Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition you will need a bit of spare money to be able to afford it. After finally being given an official release date not so long ago Sony are now rewarding those who have waited years for GT5 with this special Signature Edition.
The main point that stands out is the £149.99 price tag on the game, the most I've ever forked out on a collector's edition of a game yet was £125 for the God of War III Ultimate Trilogy edition, which to be fair has three games in it, but I must say that this Signature edition does look worth the money in style and presentation. You get the following items in this very special edition.
- Metal sculpted box finished in SLS AMG Obsidian Black
- Exclusive GT branded SLS AMG 1:43 model car
- GT leather wallet containing Signature Edition competition entry card
- Branded USB key with Polyphony/Mercedes-Benz trailer
- GT branded metal key fob
- Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo 5
- 200 page Apex drivers magazine with hints on driving technique, car tuning, future technologies and more
This is a collector's edition for those hardcore GT5 fans or car enthusiasts, we're very sure it'll sell out, although sadly Sony haven't limited the number so it's hard to tell just how many there will be in the world. If you can't make your mind up over the price or if you should pre-order it, think of it as an investment, expensive collector's editions usually sell out like hot cakes, making it worth while to have it in your collection.