This website has been designed to be as privacy-focused as possible. This policy will make often reference to “we” and “us” this refers to the website Gamercast.net, questions about this policy can be directed to Paul Smith please mention privacy in the subject line.
Cookies we place
Upon visiting this page we place no cookies upon your device. We do place cookies if you login to the commenting system, logging in will place two cookies on your device, these are:
- JWT - a random string used to uniquely identify you.
- XSRF_TOKEN - this is another random string to prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery.
These cookies do not perform any tracking, nor store any personal information. They are used solely so we can distinguish you from another comments user.
Data we collect
Upon visiting this site we collect:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address and browser agent string.
- Information on which pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got to the site (including date and time); page response times, length of visit, what you click on, documents downloaded and download errors.
We use this information to:
- Administer our site, including troubleshooting etc.
- Understand how people use our website so we can improve it.
- Security and debugging as part of our efforts to keep it secure.
Any information stored for longer than a month is anonymised by masking 1 byte of the IP address.
If you use the commenting system this stores a unique user_id string, username and a proxied avatar link, if you subscribe using e-mail replies we also store your e-mail address, this information is hashed and encrypted. We store no other information from sign-in providers.
All data is held by us on our own servers hosted in a secure datacentre located in London, UK, with offline backups stored securely in Worthing, UK.
Sharing with 3rd parties
We share no information with 3rd parties.
We do sometimes embed YouTube videos in our posts. These videos are always embedded with YouTube’s Privacy Enhanced option turned on. YouTube describes this as:
Privacy-enhanced mode allows you to embed YouTube videos without using cookies that track viewing behaviour. This means that no activity is collected to personalise the viewing experience. Instead, video recommendations are contextual and related to the current video. Videos playing in privacy-enhanced mode won’t influence the viewer’s browsing experience on YouTube.